01906 Calculus and algebra 1
|DiploMat 1 - Indledende matematik for diplomingeniører|
|Taught under open university|
|E1A and E4A and F4B|
Scope and form:
Lectures and classroom work
Duration of Course:
Date of examination:
Type of assessment:
Not applicable together with:
General course objectives:
To provide the student with thorough knowledge and practical skills in the parts of mathematics necessary in modern engineering.
To give the students the ability to read scientific papers that use mathematics.
|A student who has met the objectives of the course will be able to:|
- Apply the algebraic and geometric representation of the complex numbers and the complex exponential function
- Apply the complex exponential function.
- Do calculations with complex numbers both by hand and using a computer.
- Use polynomials with complex coefficients
- Do calculations with polynomials, both by hand and using a computer.
- Solve simple differential equation of first and second order
- Use Taylor polynomials for the approximation of functions in up to two variables.
- Apply mathematics to solve simple engineering problems
- Apply symbolic software tools, currently Maple to solve and graphically display mathematical problems and solutions
- Read advanced engineering literature with a mathematical content
Complex numbers, polynomials, differential equations of order one and two, Taylor's formula for functions in up to two variables.
|, 358, 153, (+45) 4525 5606,
|01 Department of Mathematics|
Registration Sign up:
April 19, 2012|
See course in DTU Course base