01427 Advanced topics in cryptology
|Avancerede emner i kryptologi|
The course is given in the spring semester. Exact schedule can be discussed with the participants at the beginning of the course
Scope and form:
Lectures, exercises and student seminars
Duration of Course:
Date of examination:
Type of assessment:
|Minimum 5, Maximum: |
General course objectives:
To give the student knowledge about cryptanalytic methods in symmetric encryption (block ciphers and stream ciphers) and hash functions.
|A student who has met the objectives of the course will be able to:|
- explain the ideas of linear cryptanalysis, higher order differential attacks, truncated differential attacks, impossible differential attacks, and interpolation attacks on block ciphers
- explains the concepts of collision attacks, preimage attacks and of multi-collisions for hash functions
- explain the ideas of time-memory tradeoff, correlation, algebraic, and linear distinguishing attacks and their application to stream ciphers
- apply presented methods on toy ciphers
- evaluate critically the presented topics from a technical-scientific point of view
- make an oral presentation of a selected scientific article
- search the scientific literature for further information in relation to the selected article
- act as an active listener at scientific seminars
Block ciphers: linear cryptanalysis, higher order differential attacks, truncated differential attacks, impossible differential attacks, interpolation attacks.
Hash functions: collision attacks, preimage attacks, multi-collisions, the SHA3 competition.
Stream ciphers: time-memory-tradeoff attacks, correlation attacks, algebraic attacks, linear distinguishing attacks.
|, 324, 213, (+45) 4525 3048,
, 324, 210, (+45) 4525 3017,
|01 Department of Mathematics|
Registration Sign up:
December 13, 2012|
See course in DTU Course base